A new beginning of blogging

First of all, hello and welcome to the start of this blog.

I feel that I should give an introduction to this blog; why is it being made and for what purpose.
Lots of people like to give their own accounts on what goes on in there life; sometimes it's nice to openly share what we're going through.

This blog however will not give you every inch of what goes on in my life, but will aim to explain more to people about my disorder and the things that I go through.

I suffer from a disorder that some people deem as 'unreal', 'fake', 'stupid' or 'weird'. Most people like to run away from the disorder that I suffer with because it is deemed as 'scary' or 'dangerous'.

I suffer with a disorder called Dissociative Identity Disorder, formly known as Multiple Personality Disorder. So right now you're probably either interested or wondering if I'm anything like the horrific murderers you see in 'My Bloody Valentine' or whether I am a bit of an ass like Hank from 'Me Myself and Irene'.

I would like to say from this point already, I have never murdered anyone or had any convictions of assult, nor have I ever been arrested - restrained by police, yes - but I've never been arrested as a result of one of my 'personalities' or 'alters'.

For this blogs purposes I will be referring to myself as Willow (for safety and security purposes) and to the disorder as D.I.D and will mostly refer to my personalities as 'alters', simply because psychiatrists and psychologists do not like to recognise our personalities as seperate people but as an alter of our own personality, despite the fact that they respond to different names, have different mannorisms, different likes and dislikes in food, movies, drinks and different hand writing and skills etc.

What I aim to do with this blog, is try to raise awareness of the disorder, particularly in the UK because it is strongly misunderstood in the UK and to try to show that what the media displays as D.I.D is not the reality of the disorder.

I do not aim to make people question whether they have D.I.D or aim to help people self diagnose themselves, however I would gladly open my arms to a friend in the UK that also suffers with this disorder (it's just nice to know someone else with it).

I look forward to writing this blog and I hope that you will learn something from what I am going to be writing about.

Thanks for reading,

Willow xxx

1 comment: