Cute 'little' Alters

Hi guys,

Sorry been away for a while. My foots feeling a lot better but I've been looking after my partner who's had chronic tonsilitis and a possible quinsey, so she's been out of action for about a week and a half.

So as a comeback, I thought I'd tell you about something quite cute that happened during my partners time off. Now as mentioned before, the majority of D.I.D sufferers have a little alter to some description; mine being 5/6 year old Sammy.

Sammy was really upset to find out that her 'auntie' had been taken ill with chronic tonsilitis and decided to try and make her day a bit better. So Sammy revealed herself and made her a 'Get Well Soon' card with her new scented pens, which is currently sitting on our computer desk.

She also offered to make my partner some lunch - bless her.

We are currently having to work to support Sammy as she keeps requesting to start school (which obviously we can't let her do). We're thinking of 'home' schooling her, in other words, picking up a few bits and pieces from the local pound shop and throwing a couple of educational sessions together to see how she gets on. We've been advised by other D.I.D sufferers to try things like workbooks, stickers and charts.

Whilst little alters are quite 'cute', they can cause all sorts of complications like this. I've seen examples of others difficulties, such as their little alter wanting to learn to ride a bike, or accidently taking a hold of the wheel whilst you're driving.

Not only that, but from what I've heard from others that have met Sammy, it can also be quite distressing to deal with and understand, particularly when what you see is a 20 year old woman, but in the heart, mannorisms, actions and speech you see a 5/6 year old. I think as the sufferer of D.I.D I wont ever fully understand the distress or difficulties it can cause for other people, but I respect that it must be difficult.

On the other hand of littles though, one of my most troublesome alters at the minute has been Jazz, my hyperactive alter. She's began a habbit recently of begging to go to parties and displaying herself at the most of inconvenient times.

It probably sounds pretty exciting to have a hyperactive alter, but it's really not. Quite frequently when I've returned to my state, I have felt very exhausted, out of breath and like my heart is pounding. Also, not all hyperactive behaviour consists of being really happy. On many occassions out of annoyance that Jazz can't do what she wants, she has:

  • Bashed her head off of doors
  • Grabbed red hot light bulbs
  • Smashed pans over her head
  • Jumped on people to make them dance
  • Fiddled with electrics
  • Tried to jump out of a moving car
  • Tried to run away
My partner and family currently cope by trying to make her see that she can't go partying every night because of 'school' and that she can have a mini in door party by drawing, eating chocolate and listening to the radio. My partner has found this method to be quite effective after about 45 minutes of calming her down.

We're not 100% sure on Jazz's triggers yet, but I'll make sure to update when we have some form of idea.

So that's a bit more on littles and hyperactivity, I will try and update more very very soon. If you have any questions, feel free to leave a comment =]

Willow xxx

3 comments:

  1. Tell Sammy I said "hi" and that I think homeschooling would be wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Helo i carnt wait to start scool. auntie rob sed shes going to teach me. i now this becaurse zak told me. and i carnt wait. do you get home scooled? or do you go to big scool? auntie rob was really nice to me the othur weak cos she took me to mac donalds and i had to eat this vegatareian dely which was really tasty and good. do you go to mac donalds or dos your auntie take you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks fantastic blog and i identify with alot but struggle to come to terms with my DID.

    ReplyDelete