The UKs Method of Coping

Time for another post! So as mentioned before, the purpose of this blog is to raise awareness of Dissociative Identity Disorder in the UK and is to be used educationally. The reason I want to raise awareness in the UK, is because the current mental health system in the UK is very stubborn in it's knowledge and attitude towards D.I.D sufferers.

So let's go through the basics. If you recall everything you've read about my violent alters and consider that previously it has taken more than 4 people to restrain me and then let's discuss the UK's method to dealing with situations like this.

My partner asked my mental health team, what should I be doing when an alter comes out? Their response:

"Ignore them".

This is the most ridiculous suggestion I have ever heard of. I can't believe the mental health team are trying to suggest to the people that care for me, that the best option is to just ignore my alters. What is that going to solve?

And to top it off, we've tried the ignoring method before, and what happened? They all got very aggressive and irritable and we ended up with the police being called out because it just got that badly out of hand.

I beg of people with D.I.D in the UK to please push this forward to your CPNs and psychiatrists, this method is dangerous and we need to put our safety and others first.

My partner and I, for one, will not be following this ridiculous advice.

Another sign that the UK clearly needs to put more support into this disorder.

Willow xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment